Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Foot: You're Leaving a Digital Trail

I honestly don't care if "They" track a GPS chip in my phone or if "They" track my Google searches.  I don't have anything to hide.  If it would help doctors to track the flu patterns and they could save a lot of people from getting sick I don't see a problem with any of it.  People post so much on Facebook and on blogs there isn't much privacy anyway.  I understand that there is always a possibility that this can be used badly but I would rather save a lot of people by tracking data than worry about my privacy.  The government could put up cameras everywhere and be able to watch me wherever I go and I wouldn't care.  They would get really bored watching me anyway.  I think there would probably be less crime if the government could watch everyone all the time. 

I understand that this article ties into the book Little Brother that we read earlier in the semester, but even when I was reading that book I didn't see any problem with the "Big Brother" type of technology.  I wish at least law enforcement was able to watch the city with cameras or something.  If there were cameras everywhere then criminals couldn't get away with as much stuff.  If people were more accountable for their actions maybe they would act better.  I would love to see a world where there was no crime because people couldn't get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment