Monday, March 14, 2011

Foot: Make-up Assignment

I really enjoyed doing the multi-genre autobiography and I think it would be a great tool to use in the classroom.  Not only would it help me get to know my students but it would help the students get to know each other too.  Students who know each other and who are comfortable around each other are more likely to join class discussions.

Also, by watching other students multi-genre autobiographies students can learn about texts they didn't know about before.  Maybe they didn't know a movie was a book first, or that it was also turned into a play.  It could be a great start on a paper comparing the different forms of one story.

Students could also use this project as practice for a bigger project about their favorite author.  it is important that student learn and know how to use technology, and this project could be a great start for students who don't know much about technology and great practice for students who know a lot about technology.

I would love for my students to really dig deep for their multi-genre autobiographies and choose things that really meant something to them and then find a pattern in what they find.  there is always a pattern in what people like.  It can show these students who they really are.  They might learn a lot about themselves and each other.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this project would also get students interested in being exposed to more texts. I know that when I was watching everyone's presentations I was writing books and movies down that I wanted to check out. I think that doing this at the beginning of the school year could get students pumped and excited about outside reading and possibly give them ideas for any independent ready projects that the class does.

    ReplyDelete