Monday, April 11, 2011

Pytash: Chapter 6

The majority of this chapter is a lesson plan for The Odyssey.  I think this lesson plan will be very helpful if I ever teach The Odyssey.  I think it is great that she includes an entire lesson plan in this chapter.  Like she says at the beginning of the chapter teachers are expected to invent all of their lessons on their own and I agree that it would help all teachers if teachers collaborated more often.

I also agree that students need to read outside of class.  It would take too much time away from class discussion to let the students read anything entirely in class.  They need to read and think outside of class.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with her idea that students need to read outside of class. However, I think she needs to give students more credit when she said that they needed to stop watching TV and playing with cell phones. I don' think she realizes that students have busy lives and they work hard and she should give them more credit for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you could adapt her ideas for other pieces of literature?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Julie hit the nail on the head, students need to read at home too, and teachers need to realize students have other classes, etc, that they are busy with.

    ReplyDelete