Thursday, February 3, 2011

Foot: The Battle For Facebook

I just finished reading The Battle For Facebook and I think I am probably the only person in our whole class who doesn't think Mark Zuckerberg is a jerk.  I think he just happened to be the one who launched his site first.  The article even said that the idea of an online social network was buzzing around Harvard.  Just because a couple people had the same idea at the same time doesn't mean that Mark Zuckerberg stole an idea from anyone. 

I don't know why he fired most of his friends or why he alienated alot of people.  The only people who know that are Mark Zuckerberg and his former friends.  I don't really care why.  All I know is he is the inventor of the biggest social network ever.  I have a Facebook app on my phone.  I am never without my Facebook.  Since I am so busy with school, work, and my kids Facebook is how I connect with all of my friends. 

To me this article just made it seem like Mark Zuckerberg did alot of work on Facebook.  The article even said he lost a girlfriend because he was always on his computer writing code.  He wants Facebook to be the biggest thing ever and he doesn't want anyone to take that away from him or to get in the way of his dream.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

2 comments:

  1. OMG... I couldn't agree more!!! I don't think he is a jerk either. In fact I would go as far as to say he did a lot of the bad things because he had to. Sometimes alienating people is a good way to get things done. In my mind he accomplished something great and is a part of many people's lives through his site. Everyone should be grateful that he followed through on an idea many had but few if any made real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. He knew the people he alienated better than anyone. There had to have been a reason why he did it. If I thought people were out to get me or to take away my company I would alienate them too.

    ReplyDelete