Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chapter 13

I agree that students should learn each others names just as much as teachers should learn the students names.  I find the classes I have where I know the names of most of the people in it, I do better.  It is easier to get through a hard class if you know the people in there with you.

I also will not tolerate Put-Downs in my classroom.  I don't like when kids put each other down.  I would rather have the students in my class encourage each other and work together.

In the Step Inside a Classroom section of this chapter I like the idea of the bell.  I think kids really need something to bring to their attention how mean they are to each other.  If kids aren't as mean to each other they won't be so afraid to speak up in class.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Students definitely need to have something to bring their attention to each other. My teachers used to have a jar on the desk and if someone said something mean they had to put a quarter in the jar. This way by the end of the year students learned to respect each other, and more people would speak up

    ReplyDelete