Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chapter 10

I like the Suggestion #2 for Improving Fluency; Give Students Varied Opportunities for Hearing Texts.  It says to model good reading to studentd.  They need to hear good expression, good phrasing, and good pacing.  Some students might not have anyone at home that reads or have read to them.  If the teacher reads to the students they will have at least one person to listen too.  I like the Echo reading too. I might use that with my son, he is in first grade and he needs help with his reading.

I also agree with Suggestion #5; Prompt, Don't Correct.  Most people, me included, just correct.  I have a hard time with that when I'm helping my son with his homework.  I need to work on not just giving him the word he is having problems with.

No comments:

Post a Comment