Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chapter 8

I like the idea of Likert Scales because the student can answer honestly what they thought of the story instead of just answering questions about the content of the story.  It is good because students can discuss why they agree of disagree and it can open up the discussion.

I also like the Semantic Differential Scales because the reader can understand more about the characters because they can see exactly what kind of person the character is.

I never thought to use something like the "Somebody Wanted But So"   It would be good to use because it is easier for the students to pull important aspects from the text.

1 comment:

  1. As a student who has filled out many, many class evaluations, I really dislike Likert Scales. In this application though I can see how it might encourage students to participate. I think that I might also use a Likert Scale or Semantic Differential Scale with an Anticipation Guide. Both would elicit responses that could lead to discussion within the class. Using one of the scales after reading the text will also promote discussion but with the text as a resource to support positions.

    ReplyDelete